Amazon


31 May 2006

Potpourri - Bit of this and bit of that.

Had a hectic day so decided to give a little bit of this and a bit of that:

"I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli." - George Bush, U.S. President, 1990
I know broccoli important to my diet but also have the same problems :)


Read a very intersting blog article today, suggest you pop in and read it:
How Safe is Your Soap? at Holistic News from the Hut


Meat-eater: Did you hear about the new study saying vegans are more likely to go blind? I guess it's because you don't get the proper nutrition.
Vegan: Nah, it's just from reading all of those tiny ingredients lists.


Excellent article on the Auburn Journal site, suggest you read it : "Vegan cuisine is much more than 'rabbit food' and it included this great recipe below.

Ravioli Primavera
1 package organic ravioli
1 ½ cup broccoli flowerets
½ teaspoon garlic granules
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt to taste

Cook ravioli according to package instructions. Microwave broccoli until just tender. Combine ravioli, broccoli, garlic granules, black pepper, and olive oil in a bowl and mix well. Salt to taste.
Variation:
Instead of microwave, cook one chopped onion with two tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add two chopped garlic cloves and broccoli flowerets. Cook until broccoli is just tender. Mix with cooked ravioli. Salt and pepper to taste. Try with other vegetables like asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini, spinach, snow peas, peppers, carrots, celery, green beans, or whatever delicious vegetables you have growing in your garden.


Another great article posted in the EastBay Publishing site "The Healing Power of Food" with three wonderful recipes.


Isn't it wierd that we drink milk, stuff designed to nourish baby cows? How did that happen? Did some cattleman once say, "Oh, man, I can't wait till them calves are done so I can get me a hit of that stuff."

Have a wonderful evening.

Tags:

No comments: