Amazon


17 Nov 2009

A New Favourite Book - The Urban Vegan


I have been a fan of Dynise Balcavage's blog The Urban Vegan for years. I love reading about her daily life, her food, her cats, and trying out her delicious Vegan recipes.

Dynise describes herself as having been cooking since the age of seven. She lives in a large city with it's variety of food and has travelled to 30 countries with their special local foods. This is probably why she has many ideas to choose from when she decides to create or adapt a recipe for Vegans.

I was therefore thrilled when Dynise decided to publish a cookbook as I knew I would enjoy it. The book is called The Urban Vegan - 250 Simple, Sumptuous Recipes from Street Cart Favorites to Haute Cuisine. My copy of the book arrived on Friday.

The large format paperback and the fact even the longer recipes fit onto one page, will make it easy to work with in the kitchen. An added bonus to the tasty recipes given are that each one is accompanied by an interesting description. I have one word to describe the dishes...scrumptious. They will be loved by both Vegan and Omnivores. There is even a Happy Hour or Sundowner section as I call it.

The first couple of recipes I tried out were the Sweet Potato Gnocchi with the Basil-Fennel Cream and the Easy Passion Fruit Mousse. They were both delicious.

I suggest you pop out and get this book or order online as I am sure, like me, you will add it to your favourite cookbooks.


9 comments:

Mihl said...

What a great review. Thank you!

Andrea said...

I've had my eye on this cookbook and your review makes it sound like a good book to own.

bazu said...

I love, love this book! Great review!

agreenearth said...

Thanks for sharing. Value your opinion.

Alisa said...

I have tried a few recipes from this cookbook and really enjoyed them!

Marion said...

It sounds like a great cookbook, judging from your very excellent review...thanks for the heads up, Jackie!

Rosemary said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Jackie!! Looks like you continue to be the place to come for all things Vegan. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving and haven't worn yourself out shopping.

I did all my buying online this year. Sure was nice.

Sitie BUm BUm said...

love vegies

Unknown said...

This looks like the perfect gift for the holidays...

peace,
mike
livelife365